Sunday 18 January 2009

Search for clues

Firstly I'd like to thank Moontje for the directions to Dholavira. I wanted to get that in now, in case I didn't get a chance later.

I've been snooping round the town today, no sign of Jenny yet but it isn't hard to spot the Quantum guys. Black suit, white shirt and red ties.

Has anyone heard the phrase 'in hoc seenyo vinces' or maybe it's 'in hoc signo vinces'. It sounds Italian but most of these guys have English or American accents. These guys use it like a greeting with each other. If anyone knows it should be safe to post it here.

They seem to be concentrating their search on a church here, interestingly it would seem it was once a library several centuries ago.

I hope Jenny is alright, still no contact with No but the Quantum guys kept asking me where he was in the interrogation so I can at least hope he is safe.

Note to self, I do not look good as a blonde, I have to wash this stuff out of my hair as soon as this is over.

1 comment:

  1. Good news that you're safe-ish and 'in hoc signo vinces' is an expression from Greek into Latin meaning "in this [sign] you will conquer". Legend says Constantine adopted it as his motto and it has it's own WIKI entry for more info. Hope you're staying alert.

    ReplyDelete