Monday 19 January 2009

What am I looking for?

I've been watching the room all day. It doesn't seem to be guarded but people are walking by all the time. So I guess if I can get in it will have to be at night.Although it's on the ground floor, it's built into the side of a steep hill so at the back the windows appear to be on the third floor and completely out of reach.

As far as I can tell all the doors in this place have those old magnetic locks with key card access.

They seem to be using it as a store room for stuff. Mostly tools stacks of folders going in and out. To be honest even if I can get in there, I have no idea what I'm looking for?

Anyone know how to bypass a magnetic lock?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be able to bypass it by disrupting the power supply. However, a friend said that this may actually lock down the building if the locks are made a different way. So it's a fifty fifty :-\

    Not sure if it'll be enough, but at least it's a place to start. Good luck. As night is falling soon over there, I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers. Be careful.

    ~VA~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps if you set off the fire alarms the doors would automatically open for emergency exiting? It does seem like you are in an emergency...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps try this YouTube video on passing locks by static electricity.....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwLv5HloyhI

    ReplyDelete